How to Jump Rope
If you want to learn how to jump rope, you came to the right place. Below are easy steps that will help you understand the process as well as have a general idea about the topic. But before starting with the steps, you need to know the basic concepts about jump rope. A skipping rope (British English) or jump rope (American English) is the primary tool used in the game of skipping played by children and many young adults, where one or more participants jump over a rope swung so that it passes under their feet and over their heads. This may consist of one participant turning and jumping the rope, or a minimum of three participants taking turns, two of whom turn the rope while one or more jumps.
Easy Steps to Jump Rope
Below are simple steps to learn how to jump rope. Go step by step, and check your progress.
- It's a skilled activity. In other words, like swimming, you must learn the particular timing, rhythm, and coordination of rope jumping to become proficient at it. Some people don't learn to jump rope properly due to insufficient practice, poor instruction, or both. They then mistakenly conclude that they are "too uncoordinated" to jump rope.
- Find a rope appropriate to your size. With the rope folded in half, it should reach up nearly to your shoulders. It also helps if the rope isn't too light.
- You don't need a fancy or special facility. Any area with a 9 foot or higher ceiling, some free space around you and a smooth floor surface with just a little give to it - like a wood or synthetic gym floor will work just fine.
- Take the jump rope by its ends, or the handles, one handle for each hand.
- Put the jump rope behind your bum and let the loop hang behind your crotch.
- Hurl the jump rope over your head and jump over it when it reach your feet using your ankles which also you are going forward. Almost all people make the mistake of bending their knees because it is easier for them. While easier, it is less beneficial, incorrect, and will mess up your timing.
- Repeat and repeat and find out how long you can do it without messing up. As you practice, you will get better at timing. It might help to do a small hop in between jumps, count jumps, or chant a verse. As you learn to move the rope faster, the in-between hop will become unnecessary.
Practice makes perfect, don't hesistate to practice to achieve the desired goal. Try to combine the steps above with the video below in order to obtain the most information about how to jump rope.
How to Jump Rope Video
Below is also a video to help you learn how to Jump Rope.
We hope the above steps and video about how to jump rope have helped you in your quest to learn how to jump rope. If you like this page you might also want to go to our main page and learn more about our Book of the Worlds.